[extropy-chat] SPACE: Will Frances destroytheremainingthreeshuttles?

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Wed Sep 8 04:08:23 UTC 2004

I wrote:

> I love any good competition, so here it goes: the height of
> technology vs the fury of nature.  Wooohoooo, may the best
> one win!  {8-]  spike
>
> ps Im betting on the building in this case...

Doh!  }8-[   {8^D

See that, you guys shoulda taken me up on my friendly wager
for 90 imaginary cents:

Frances rolls into Florida Panhandle as rest of state begins recovery
from storm's initial strike
Hurricane Frances did more damage to the Kennedy Space Center than any
storm in history, tearing an estimated 1,000 exterior panels from a
giant building where spaceships are assembled. No space shuttles were
inside the building, but center director James Kennedy said he feared
the damage could set back NASA's effort to resume shuttle launches next
spring...
---
EDITOR'S NOTE - Associated Press writers Allen G. Breed in Fort Pierce,
Jill Barton in West Palm Beach, Vickie Chachere in Tampa, Brent
Kallestad in Tallahassee, Mike Schneider in Orlando and Ron Word in
Daytona Beach also contributed to this report.