[extropy-chat] why do we stop laughing?

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Thu Sep 9 04:24:07 UTC 2004

> At 08:08 PM 9/8/2004 -0700, Spike wrote:
>
> >Turns out postal workers have no sense of humor.
>
> You're lucky they didn't go postal on your ass.
>
> Damien Broderick

They don't like the compound verb "go postal."  They
also do not like the tasteless and offensive gag that goes:

Q: What does it mean when the post office flag is half mast?

A: They're hiring.

Has anyone an explanation of why postal workers were going
postal there for a while?  Since a Lockheeed worker did
likewise last year, I suppose the post office isn't the
only job that can cause people to snap and murder.  Could
coincidence alone explain those three (?) incidents?  Was
it three?  Or only two?