[extropy-chat] Sterling, Wired, and the Singularity

Brett Paatsch bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au
Thu Sep 9 04:30:26 UTC 2004

Emlyn wrote:
> At some point, you read an article describing something along the
> lines of "some guys opened up a cell, swapped the dna for carbon
> nanotubes, and created artificial life" and think ho hum, I wish there
> was something more interesting to read.

Brett replied:
I'd be potentially very impressed myself, though the "some guys" bit
doesn't sound like a quote from a peer reviewed journal.

John Grigg:

Ahhh....., but actually it very well could be a quote taken from the peer
reviewed journal entitled "Academy of Human Cellular and Stickshift
Automobile Mechanics, Greater Trenton New Jersey Chapter."

As I understand, it is peer reviewed by only fully certified stand-up guys
who don't do you no wrong as long as you don't mess with their very
expensive lab equipment.

Molecular biologists from other states give them a wide berth, but
women find them irresistable and claim with enough love and
understanding they will change.
--

lab equipment = moonshine still ?

The standup guys actually are, but just barely, and the 'pee'-ers
are mos'ly just  "takin' the p*iss" ?

Brett

(NJ women sould nice)