[extropy-chat] [Pigdog] Fwd: Extropian Trash(fwdfromthespian at doitnow.com)

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sat Sep 11 02:45:42 UTC 2004

> The Avantguardian

> 2. We don't have flying cars because the authorities
> don't trust us with them not because the technology
> isn't there...

We have flying cars, had em since the 50s.  They don't
go on the street, but the Jetson's "cars" didn't either.
Ours make a lotta noise and wind, they take up a lot of
parking lot space.  They are also really expensive
to operate.

The flying car people would have us believe that they
can build a helicopter with unreasonably short rotors,
but the efficiency goes way down when you build them
that way, so the power requirements go way up, making
them even more noisy and more expensive.