[extropy-chat] self-defense concerns

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 08:31:33 UTC 2004

I very much agree with Natasha.  The wrongness of the initiation of
force against another is a cornerstone of civilized existence.  It
must be upheld by a refusal to ignore anyone stepping across that
line.   Your assailant must get a much needed reality check.   I would
advise, however, taking precautions if your assailant might be
inclined to take the consequences out on you.   Be safe.  Do not give
him the opportunity to harm you.  If necessary do own a weapon.  Most
assailants can be stopped by knowledge of the ability and willingness
of their victim to defend themselves.  But also remember that patterns
of abuse tend to escalated if not checked.   Your only safe course is
to stop this person from harming you again.

-samantha

On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 10:49:56 -0400, natashavita at earthlink.net