[extropy-chat] Mature rationality

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 15 12:40:18 UTC 2004

--- Zero Powers <zero.powers at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hmm.  Examples please?  When have you "slipped into an irrational
> mode" (whatever that means) and actually performed better?  Are you
> talking about some extreme statistical probability endeavor (i.e.
> picking lottery numbers), or an everyday task where your behavior
> actually has some reasonably predictable probability of effecting the
> desired result (i.e. conducting a business or creative transaction)?
>
> I'm really interested in getting some idea of what you're talking
> about.

It's pretty plain that any activity requiring right brain dominance is
performed better when one is not being rational. This includes sports,
art, acting. When you are 'in the zone' on anything, you are no longer
working in your rational centers, but operating strictly on an
intuitive instinctive basis.

Been there, done that, and it can be exhilerating. Your rational mind
can only be amazed that you are capable of doing these things without
its strict control...

=====
Mike Lorrey
Chairman, Free Town Land Development