[extropy-chat] GOOGLE: innovative recruiting technique

Alan Eliasen eliasen at mindspring.com
Thu Sep 16 19:12:36 UTC 2004

    I have a very simple Frink ( http://futureboy.homeip.net/frinkdocs/ )
program that does the "grunt" work.  I wrote it a few months ago when the
billboard first came out.  It probably took all of 5 minutes (4 of which
were spent finding a decimal expansion of e just to make it easier.  Frink
could have calculated that, too.)  I don't want to release it to the world,
but here's a hint:  four built-in functions that are useful:

    e = read["file:///...."]     (reads e from a file)
    substrLen(e, n, 10)       (returns 10 characters from point n in a string.)
    parseInt[s]               (parses an string to an integer, or use eval[])
    isPrime[x]                (Rabin-Miller prime test.)

    The "for" loop and assignments are left to the reader.

--
   Alan Eliasen                 | "Whenever you find you are on the side of
   eliasen at mindspring.com       |  the majority, it is time to pause and