A view on cryonics (was Re: [extropy-chat] Bad Forecasts!)

Slawomir Paliwoda velvethum at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 17 19:19:05 UTC 2004

> Perhaps Slawomir feels that part of his 'identity' is encoded in the
> dynamics of moving chemicals and charges and that this dynamical
> information is lost during cryopreservation.

Here's my precise definition of identity:

Personal identity is defined by the uniqueness of mind process in
space-time.

(Dynamic of moving chemicals and charges, or a "flow of matter in
space-time", as I call it, is the correct characterization of what I
perceive as a process. Cryopreservation, if it works correctly, doesn't
destroy that process, but merely pauses it. Since identity is grounded in
that process, it won't dissolve as long as that process doesn't degenerate
into a non-mind activity or perish altogether).

Slawomir