[extropy-chat] The Story of a Brain

Slawomir Paliwoda velvethum at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 18 20:15:31 UTC 2004

Hal wrote:
> So each hemisphere gets subdivided and fitted
> with an impulse cartridge which supplies the signals that would have
> been produced by the rest of the brain.  In this way many labs can
> participate.

And, at the end, we would end up with as many fully formed cartridge brains
as neurons in the original brain.

When the original cartridge is connected to the left hemisphere, that
cartridge *is* the right side of the brain because it must be as complex as
he right side of the brain to produce exactly the same output. That makes 2
brains. Divide them again and you'll end up with the total of 4 brains, and
so on.

Slawomir