[extropy-chat] Moveon.org

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Tue Sep 21 02:50:46 UTC 2004

> David Lubkin
> Subject: RE: [extropy-chat] Moveon.org
>

> Spike wrote:
>
> >Badnarik is your man, Brent.  I hope some day you
> >will join us.  And the world will live as 6 billion.
>
> I've been rather disappointed with Badnarik...

His website hits all the right buttons with me.  {8-]

> ...the way things are going, Bush will win in a national landslide.

What is causing that?  Can it be that the Rather Bounce
really is that big?  I heard Dan's heartfelt confession
on the radio today.  Whereas it sure *sounded* genuine,
Im not buying it for a minute.  They ran the original story
on short notice, apparently over the objections of several
of their sources, they had pleeeeenty of evidence regarding
the documents' origin by 9 September, whereas they were
*still* hanging on a week later.  With today's claim that
they were mislead, they are claiming incompetence but
not malice.  But in the stonewalling and stone throwing,
I see amply sufficient evidence of malice.

OK my friends, I partially disqualify my own conclusions
because I have been deeply suspicious of Dan Rather and
60 Minutes for a long time.  For those of you who consider
yourselves neutral or nearly so, what is your take?  Forget
for the moment that one candidate or another may or may
not have been helped or harmed; that is almost beside the
point.  This question is about mainstream news media.

We may have already beaten this topic beyond recognition,
but there have been some interesting new developments just
today.

> If we're looking for conspiratorial explanations, I'm more
> inclined to suspect Hillary's cronies. They need Kerry to lose without

> leaving their fingerprints on the deed, in order to clear the way for
a 2008 run.

> - David Lubkin.

{8^D  Well thats the first Ive heard of THAT notion.  Do let
me ponder it further before commenting.