[extropy-chat] the "singularity" word

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at gmail.com
Tue Sep 21 22:32:26 UTC 2004

I very much doubt that a singularity will look like "more of the
same".  It would not be a singularity if so.  There is ample reason to
believe we are soon to face a very real singularity that will very
much not look like more of the same.  Mere rapidity of change is not
all that is being called "singularity".    But there are limits in
even the mere rapidity of change that are beyond what we finite beings
can cope with or comprehend.    One does not have to like it to see
that it is on the way.

- s