[extropy-chat] Coming Soon -- Gene-Engineered Insects

Spike spike66 at comcast.net
Wed Sep 22 14:27:02 UTC 2004

> Giu1i0 Pri5c0
> Subject: [extropy-chat] Coming Soon -- Gene-Engineered Insects
>

> Coming soon to a jungle near you -- mosquitoes genetically engineered
> so they cannot give people malaria. But this time scientists want to
> do it right.
>  Mindful of labels like "Frankenfoods" given to genetically modified
> crops, and of attacks against test patches of gene-engineered plants
> by environmental militants, they hope to reassure the public about
> their newly created insects...

I have a better idea.  Create and release flocks of
genetically modified mosquitoes.  Then urge the
environmental militants to go out and destroy them.
You save the crops by distracting the ecoterrorists
while simultaneously destroying a bunch of ordinary
mosquitoes.  And oh by the way, Im pretty sure I
saw a frankenfly over near my house too.