[extropy-chat] FWD (SK) Re: Hoist the skull and bones

Terry W. Colvin fortean1 at mindspring.com
Wed Sep 22 15:33:12 UTC 2004

--- Jack Kolb wrote:

> >Avast mates, have yer fergotten what day 'tis?
> >
> >gj
>
> Yes.  Can you enlighten me?

People seem to be sleeping in today; probably
celebrating late last night, on Talk Like a Pirate
Day. Mark your calendar for next year--September 19.

http://www.talklikeapirate.com/

Additionally, here is a site where you can, by
answering twenty simple questions, get your very own
pirate name:

< http://www.fidius.org/quiz/pirate.php >

The holiday is not much celebrated here in West
Chester among the staid Republicans, but last year I
was in Boston on the 19th, and my daughter's gaming
group (they all attended college together) met at her
house.  It was like being at a screening of _Captain
Blood_.  Seven people, all talking like pirates--it
was a strange day.  We took them to dinner at a
restaurant next to the campus, and about a fourth of
the people there were talking like pirates.  The other
diners looked really puzzled.  :-)

Eleanor

--
"Only a zit on the wart on the heinie of progress." Copyright 1992, Frank Rice

Terry W. Colvin, Sierra Vista, Arizona (USA) < fortean1 at mindspring.com >
     Alternate: < fortean1 at msn.com >
Home Page: < http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Stargate/8958/index.html >
Sites: * Fortean Times * Mystic's Haven * TLCB *
      U.S. Message Text Formatting (USMTF) Program