[extropy-chat] If the nonUS citizens voted in Nov 2 elections...

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Wed Sep 22 16:49:08 UTC 2004

--- Kevin Freels <megaquark at hotmail.com> wrote:
> If foreigners could vote, I would be broke, unhappy,
> and probably n fear for
> my life every day. This makes the case that I should
> vote counter to the
> opinion of the rest of the world. In that case, it
> means Bush.

Which is an example of why that logic is faulty -
specifically, generalizing from the average result
(no, the rest of the world does not have our best
interests in mind, and their choices would reflect
this) to specific cases.  There can be a US
Presidential choice that is both better for the rest
of the world *and* better for the US, for example
Kerry.