[extropy-chat] Foundation for the Future

Amara Graps amara.graps at gmail.com
Thu Sep 23 21:14:14 UTC 2004

This organization is new to me. They have a money, programs, a slick
website,  workshops, an impressive advisory board, etc. It makes me smile-
another map to cover the territory of some of the ideas we hold dear.
Excellent.

Foundation for the Future

http://www.futurefoundation.org/

"Dedicated to the increase and diffusion of knowledge concerning
the long-term future of humanity."

They have research grants:

http://www.futurefoundation.org/grants/grant_index.html

"The Foundation For the Future has developed a research grant program
to provide financial support to scholars undertaking research that
is directly related to better understanding the factors affecting
the long-term future of humanity."

They have:
"Humanity 3000" Seminars

http://www.futurefoundation.org/humanity3000/index.html

Seeing the Big Picture

"The Humanity 3000 program is designed to bring together some of the
world's most prominent thinkers to assess the current state of
humanity and to identify the most significant factors that may
affect the quality of life of the future people of the Earth. The
program features a series of seminars and symposia to debate and
discuss the critical factors that may have the most effect on the
future of humanity."

A Prize

http://www.futurefoundation.org/kistler/index.html

"The purpose of the Kistler Prize is to recognize and reward original
work investigating the implications of genetics for human society.
It is awarded annually to an individual or research institution
whose work has shown rigorous pursuit of scientific research and has
made substantive and innovative contributions in this field. Created
in 1999, the Prize includes a cash award of US$100,000 and a
180-gram gold medallion. It is named for Walter P. Kistler,
President and benefactor of the Foundation For the Future, who
personally presents the award each year in a gala banquet and
ceremony."

"Evolution" Workshops

http://www.futurefoundation.org/che/index.html

"The Center for Human Evolution hosts a series of workshops related
to understanding the evolutionary factors affecting the long-term
future of humanity."

Amara
www.amara.com