[extropy-chat] The Long Now: Bets and Predictions Over Time

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Thu Sep 23 22:02:03 UTC 2004

And some more great insights:

Wei Li
(<http://www.longbets.org/user/xiaoly>xiaoly)

10/04/02003 07:07 pm
Computer misses the spirit dimension of a human
Computer works based on its ability of logical calculations. However our
human being have other more important abilities in addition to our logical
reasoning abilities.

We make judgement not just based on the facts or data but also on how we
feel about it. That feeling portion and the intuition portion does not come
from logical.

Our conscious can tap into the universal information field (or God) to
absorb directly about unlimited information. A mechanically built computer
with no spirit is hard to achieve the human intelligence at this level.