[extropy-chat] Nuclear batteries for hand-helds

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Tue Sep 28 01:23:25 UTC 2004

Ah, but even if these are easily shielded, how to
prevent people from cracking open the batteries,
removing the radioactive bits, and concentrating them
into the warhead of a dirty nuclear bomb?

The members of this list know how ridiculous the
chances of that are, and how minimal the threat would
be.  But try selling that to the luddite public who
would want to ban this.

http://www.spectrum.ieee.org/WEBONLY/publicfeature/sep04/0904nuc.html

http://www.spectrum.ieee.org/WEBONLY/publicfeature/sep04/0904nuct1.html