[extropy-chat] Converging Technologies for a Diverse Europe

BillK pharos at gmail.com
Tue Sep 28 13:49:28 UTC 2004

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 06:17:16 -0700, Spike wrote:

> OK there is a solution here that might work for everyone.
> Let the U.S. proceed with transhumanism under maximum
> libertarianism, let Europe attempt it under some element of
> horror social-democracy.  Then we should all have a
> choice.  Thanks Giu2i0!  {8-]  spike

Heh! :)

I have a vision .......

The US - full of John Wayne X-Men types, worried about whether the
x-ray vision beats the super-strength option. Or should they go for
the bullet-proof skin, or maybe the 'run at fifty mph' option? Let's
look through the Walmart upgrades catalogue, mother.

Europe - A neat, tidy place where everyone has a schedule of upgrades
provided by the government. To keep things fair everyone gets the
super-strength upgrade. Then when that is completed, everyone moves on
to the next upgrade, and so on. There will be black market upgrades,
of course, but they will treated as criminals.

China - The Borg, obviously. A machine-like hive mind which sweeps all
before it.

BillK