[extropy-chat] recent Brian Stableford fiction collection

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Tue Sep 28 20:40:06 UTC 2004

Anyone here read this book and care to comment on it?

============

Designer Genes: Tales From The Biotech Revolution

Author: Brian Stableford

Published by Five Star

A tireless believer in the advancement of biotechnology and the wonders it
can bring to humanity, Brian Stableford has used his fiction, both short
and long, to explore all sides of the advantages and hazards of tinkering
with ourselves, our environment, and our planet. Five Star Publishing is
pleased to collect eleven of his best stories in Designer Genes: Tales from
the Biotech Revolution, postulating what life might be like when anything
and everything is subject to the whims and desires of man; who will always
want something better, bigger, larger. Current, cutting-edge advances in
technology and medicine are taken to their rigorous, logically extrapolated
extreme, and seen from the views of people and organizations both for and
against this kind of genetic and biological manipulation.

Published/Released: March 2004

http://www.galegroup.com/servlet/ItemDetailServlet?region=9&imprint=305&titleCode=TP916&type=3&id=191155