[extropy-chat] If the nonUS citizens voted in Nov 2 elections...

Kevin Freels megaquark at hotmail.com
Wed Sep 29 14:16:47 UTC 2004

I think you could do a decent comparison if you focused on one crime, such
as armed robbery, but it would have to be countries that were very similar.
Of course you still have the problem with some countries where the police
regularly rob the citizens. In others, they collect "bribes" which is pretty
much the same thing as armed robbery except that the victim approaches the
armed robber/police officer.

I agree that it would be kind of difficult to compare armed robbery stats
with a country where the military walks the streets and shoots people on
sight after curfew.