[extropy-chat] Re: Fwd: Manditory draft for your child?

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 30 13:39:16 UTC 2004

--- Trend Ologist <trendologist at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> A guy with ties to the Bush administration told me the
> military doesn't need a draft. However he said if (and
> I mean if) a crisis arose there is a skeletal plan
> somewhere to draft "three or four million".
> That's all she wrote.

There are also plans for what to do in the event of an alien invasion,
of an asteroid strike, and if Yellowstone Caldera decided to explode
and flood the west with magma, as well as many thousands of other odd
scenarios that planners have spent decades dreaming up. Doesn't mean
they are gonna happen, or that there is a conspiracy to make them
happen.

Too much mystical irrational thinking on the political scene these days.

=====
Mike Lorrey
Chairman, Free Town Land Development
                                         -William Pitt (1759-1806)