[extropy-chat] il papa's last rites?

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Sat Apr 2 10:35:39 UTC 2005

Adrian Tymes <wingcat at pacbell.net> :
>the overwhelming feeling is of
>remorse, and prayer that death be delayed yet longer.  Is there a word
>that better describes this than "hypocrisy"?

Yes, there is a better word, 'fear'.

I suggest this is a time to show a little kindness and compassion.

Here (in Rome at least), the Pope is a symbol of something solid in
a world of uncertainty, to nonCatholics as well. The sadness around
me that I'm sensing is not only sadness for him but a fear about the
uncertainties and changes in their own lives with the Pope's
passing.

Amara

Amara Graps, PhD          email: amara at amara.com
Computational Physics     vita:  ftp://ftp.amara.com/pub/resume.txt
Multiplex Answers         URL:   http://www.amara.com/