[extropy-chat] Is our Universe in a Brain?

Russell Wallace russell.wallace at gmail.com
Mon Apr 4 02:01:26 UTC 2005

On Apr 4, 2005 2:37 AM, Ian Goddard <iamgoddard at yahoo.com> wrote:
>  That certainly holds for organic brains as they
> evolved under Earth-defined circumstances. But since
> the question at hand entails consideration of some
> brain that came to be under unknown circumstances, I'm
> not so sure we can place Earth-defined limits on such
> a hypothetical brain.

Well, you did say _organic_ brain, which implies similarities in
structure, operation and therefore presumably limitations to our own
brains. Now if the conjecture is that we're in a simulation in some
computational system with large but unspecified capabilities, then it
is certainly true that we have no proof either way.

- Russell