[extropy-chat] il papa's last rites?

John K Clark jonkc at att.net
Mon Apr 4 21:15:18 UTC 2005

The New York Times doesn't have many banner headlines but it had one today,
it basically told us that the Pope was still dead. It's puzzling because
everybody knows the man experienced a total system crash 2 days ago and was
EXTREAMLY stable, yet we have that headline. Now if there were a change in
the Pope's condition.... THAT would deserve a headline.

Not that I'm glad the man died, somebody is going to be Pope, who better
that a 84 year old man with Parkinson's disease who doesn't look like he
knows where he is half the time.  Let's hope the new Pope carries on the
noble work the old Pope was so good at, of flying the church into the
ground. But there is always room for improvement, it is not enough to
condemn The Da Vinci Code and pre marital sex, I want him to condemn Harry
Potter and post marital sex too. It is not enough that priests be virgins,
or say they are, I want the new Pope to insist they be eunuchs.

John K Clark