[extropy-chat] Singularity Blues

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 pgptag at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 10:56:37 UTC 2005

Wil McCarthy is a very interesting science fiction writer. I liked very much
his novel Bloom, and I have already saved Lost in Transmission and Hacking
Matter (details in his article) in my Amazon shopping cart. His views on the
forthcoming (or not?) Singularity sre similar to my own: "And while the
world on the other side of that event may look very different from the world
of today, my personal prediction is that we'll still see ourselves in it,
with habits and motives largely unchanged. The desire for comfort, for
wealth, for entertainment and novelty and pleasure... these things will
never go away. We'll just be richer, more powerful and wiser for our
troubles. And what, exactly, is wrong with that?"
http://www.scifi.com/sfw/issue415/labnotes.html