[extropy-chat] Appropriate List Content - was Malachy's Prophecies; Pope John Paul II, then two before the destruction of the Holy Roman Church

The Avantguardian avantguardian2020 at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 5 23:16:46 UTC 2005

--- Eugen Leitl <eugen at leitl.org> wrote:
> I am sorry you're upset. You shouldn't. I'm just
> trying to increase the
> channel utility for everyone by trying to achieve a
> consensus on whether we
> do or no do want a policy enforcement (not
> moderation) on this list. The
> final decision is for the list owner (Natasha, I
> presume) to decide.

I am not really THAT upset but apology accepted. ;)
It wasn't so much that I was upset as confused. If
it's ok for the old timers to post silly puns while
relative new comers get blasted for posting
descriptions of ancient prophecies that I had never
run across before, its hard for me to figure out what
is appropriate for the list.

> Would you call peer review and the work of editors
> censorship, too?

You got me here. :)

> I agree. So let's not censor. Let's have policy
> enforcement.

Agreed . . . so what's the policy?

The Avantguardian

"The surest sign of intelligent life in the universe is that they haven't attempted to contact us."
-Bill Watterson