[extropy-chat] embedded in open hearts

Olga Bourlin fauxever at sprynet.com
Wed Apr 6 00:17:04 UTC 2005

From: "Amara Graps" <Amara.Graps at ifsi.rm.cnr.it>

> Why did I, a nonCatholic, embed myself in the masses of people,
> bidding goodbye to the Pope?

> And given that this might be the only time in my life when the
> messy, chaotic place where I live is at the center of the world's
> attention, I wanted to participate.

> Was it worth it? Most certainly yes. 'An incredible experience' I
> told myself when I exited the Vatican. For several hours, I was
> surrounded for kilometers by many tens of thousands of people who
> had opened their hearts.

I don't get the pope.  If I were to play a pin-the-tail-on-the-donkey-type
of game substituting, for the donkey, one of the doorways of the 38 units in
the condo building where I live, I would have a good chance of blindly
picking  a less dangerous, more compassionate and more intelligent human
being than the pope ever was.

Olga