[extropy-chat] META: List Topics

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 7 13:20:28 UTC 2005

--- Keith Henson <hkhenson at rogers.com> wrote:
> At 06:56 PM 06/04/05 -0700, you wrote:
>
> snip
>
> >      Then right-brainers like Eugen could subscribe to
> >the digest and get their information-dense data fix
> >that has been scoured clean of any unextropic
> >sentiments or ideas. Conversely the left-brainers
> >(like myself and others... you know who you are) could
> >subscribe to the regular list and get what we desire,
> >which is more of a salon style social forum, where we
> >can write serious posts about extropic topics, wax
> >philosophical, post haikus about the Pope, make our
> >silly puns or obscure references to literature, and
> >trade light banter without arousing the ire of the
> >oh-so-serious left-brainers.
> >
> >So what y'all think?
>
> I think there are a ton of lists like this not to mention Usenet.  I
> can suggest some if you want to sample them.
> Maintaining a high signal to noise list requires vicious thread and
> even poster snipping.

quite. I think this list manages itself quite finely already. Asking
for more I think you are going to wind up with more problems in the end
than benefits. I would instead suggest that there be a separate list,
possibly entited "extro-fascism", which is tightly policed, and after a
certain period we'll take a look see at list traffic, membership, and
subscriber sentiment.

Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com