[extropy-chat] Re: Howard Lovy

Damien Broderick thespike at satx.rr.com
Fri Apr 15 16:45:09 UTC 2005

At 09:11 AM 4/15/2005 +0200, gene fwd'd:

>Howard Lovy's NanoBot <http://nanobot.blogspot.com>  -
>http://nanobot.blogspot.com
>
>Well, you rolls the dice, you takes your chances. And I risked a great
>deal on this experiment. Too much. And now the stakes are too high not
>only for me, but also my wife and 3 1/2 kids. I lose my house in a week
>if I can't come up with about $6,000. After that, all sorts of horrible
>things can happen that I don't even want to ponder.

Here are two characteristic responses on Lovy's blog:

================

I guess it's just one of the "benefits" of living in an ownership society.
A few missteps, and most of us would find ourselves owning nothing at all.

I don't know if it is to your interest, but you might look into a marketing
position at a big company involved in nanotech, e.g.
<http://dupont.recruitsoft.com/servlets/CareerSection?art_ip_action=FlowDispatcher&flowTypeNo=13&pageSeq=2&reqNo=46539&art_servlet_language=en&csNo=2>DuPont.
<http://nanobot.blogspot.com/2005/04/nano-hack-for-hire.html#111349978751426493>#
posted by <http://www.blogger.com/profile/2747105>John : 1:29 PM

<http://www.blogger.com/delete-comment.g?blogID=5554620&postID=111349978751426493>

If you're so good- how did you get yourself in such a pickle? How can you
expect anyone to hire someone who demonstrates such poor judgement?
Hey- I heard there's a nursing shortage- go back to school for 2 years and
find steady employment ACTUALLY working for a living instead of sitting
around and doing nothing
<http://nanobot.blogspot.com/2005/04/nano-hack-for-hire.html#111353493510131228>#
posted by Anonymous : 11:15 PM