[extropy-chat] re: Open positions on "Humanoid Technologies" (fwd from sandini at unige.it)

Amara Graps amara at amara.com
Sat Apr 16 12:36:38 UTC 2005

I didn't see at the web site where they list an offered salary.
Since it is an Italian-funded position, it will be on the order
of 20K euros per year. Nor do they state the citizenship
requirements, but they surely know that nonEU people (no matter
what high position in their work they will be filling) will be
illegal from the moment they arrive in Italy, and there is no
hope of that situation being resolved soon.

I think I remember when this institute was first in the news two years
ago -it's one of Letizia Moratti's braindead children. That is,
something that is glitzy and looks good on the surface, but, in
reality, has no underlying support. This advertisement is mostly
geared to Italians, who are used to bad research environments. If
you are considering applying, please talk to me first. And if you
are one of my good friends and want this job, know that I will do
everything I can to talk you out of it.

Amara