[extropy-chat] EMP Attack?

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Mon Apr 18 02:01:16 UTC 2005

--- Samantha Atkins <sjatkins at mac.com> wrote:
> It is not remotely possible the scenario was unexpected.  Especially
> when concurrent war games gamed such a scenario!  Anyone who claims
> it
> is possible has some other agenda for wanting to believe that we had
> no
> idea such a thing could be done.

Or possibly - just possibly - such a person is simply telling the
honest truth as that person sees it, either accounting for or not
accounting for any data you may have which, in your opinion, disproves
such a case beyond reasonable doubt.

For instance: I was responding to the fact that it was thought up 20
years previously, and noting that that alone did not necessarily mean
it was still being thought of.  I was unaware of any war games within
a year of the attack which actually tried to anticipate jets
deliberately being rammed into buildings.  (And I still am unaware,
unless someone cites references to said war games.)