Small government was Re: [extropy-chat] EMP Attack?

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 20 03:05:21 UTC 2005

--- BillK <pharos at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 4/19/05, Mike Lorrey wrote:
> >
> > Nor was that judge a judge, he was a tax arbitrator. The Tax Court
> is
> > not a legitimate court, it is an administrative tribunal. The
> > arbitrator gets paid bonuses for each conviction by the IRS.
> >
> > What is also clear is that the judge is not intent on these
> citizens
> > 'doing their time', but in putting these people out of public
> > circulation for as long as possible, like Gulag justice.
> >

> So the Tax Court is not a 'legitimate court' and the judges are not
> 'real' judges? But it can fine you and put you in jail for years?
> Sounds pretty 'real' to me.  :)

It is the distinction between living under tyranny and living under
law. Living under tyranny, the law says whatever judges, or
prosecutors, or police, say it means. Living under law means that the
law means what the people say it means, because they wrote the law.
That our justice system has shifted from the latter to the former does
not make it right, or just. When a judge says you broke a law that he
has never read, you are not guilty of breaking the law, you are guilty
of resisting a tyrant.

> See:
> <http://evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html#other>
> THE TAX PROTESTER FAQ Created by Daniel B. Evans

Daniel B Evans is a member of the United States Tax Court Bar. He is
also an estate and trust planner. Obviously, if most Americans, who do
not engage in foreign business, or business in US territories, are not
liable for income tax, the market for his rather well-paid business
would shrink rather precipitously.

As for his sense of ethics, his attorney's second most favorite lawyer
joke is illuminating:

"The Devil appeared to a lawyer and offered him all the worldly wealth
and pleasures the lawyer could imagine, provided the lawyer give the
Devil his eternal soul and the eternal souls of his wife and children.
The lawyer thought about it for a few minutes, then finally said,
"Okay, I give up. What's the catch?" "

Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com