Small government was Re: [extropy-chat] EMP Attack?

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Wed Apr 20 03:21:49 UTC 2005

> bounces at lists.extropy.org] On Behalf Of Mike Lorrey
> Subject: Re: Small government was Re: [extropy-chat] EMP Attack?
>

> --- Brett Paatsch <bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au> wrote:
> >
> > In a nutshell the whole permanent security council agreed to
> > resolution
> > 441 including the US and the UK as permanent security council
> > members. ...
> >
> > It had ceded part of its power when it signed the UN Charter and it
> > ceded the rest of the power when it signed of on 1441 on the matter
> > of Iraq.
> Ergo, the US never 'ceded' its sovereignty in this. The US has always
> reserved its rights to act unilaterally or in cooperation with others
> outside the oversight of the UN...

This is what I was thinking too.  The UN has not produced anything
like a constitution of the united states of earth, anything which
guarantees me freedom of speech, of religion, the right to bear
arms, any of that.  I have no vote for any leaders in the UN.  I
see nothing in the U.S. constitution that gives the federal
government the right to cede any of its sovereignty to any
entity such as the UN.  The U.S. fed couldn't legally cede any
of my rights to that organization even if it wanted to.  This
is a relief, for the UN appears to be corrupt to the core.  I
think of the UN as functionally little more than a trade
alliance.

Of this we can be sure, a central world authority is a bad idea,
very bad, for it concentrates too much political power.  It's
too hard to get to another planet once the inevitable occurs.