Small government was Re: [extropy-chat] EMP Attack?

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Wed Apr 20 03:48:00 UTC 2005

> lectronically tracked transparent government process may happen
> soon...... but not soon enough for me.
>
> Good AI, Grid based information exchange, RFID and other integrated
> total information awareness that is transparent to all
> individuals would be a step in the right direction.
>
> Without secrets you don't need very much  much law enforcement.

Without secrets you are totally at the mercy of government with no
recourse whatsoever.  Your life is at the mercy of whichever mob is
currently on top and may object to various parts of it.   Total
transparency is a recipe for total oppression.

Total transparency says the government does need to apply to search and
dig into every aspect of your life as they already know everything
about you.   Double plus Not Good.

- samantha