Small government was Re: [extropy-chat] EMP Attack?

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 20 04:35:31 UTC 2005

If Samantha and I can agree on something, it must be true. What Joseph
Bloch (coming from the Peoples Rest Area of New Joisey as he does)
doesn't realize is that the judges he cites are the same judges that we
have on record stating such inane things like "You are not going to
bring the Constitution into MY courtroom, *I* am the law here!"

This country needs a lot fewer judicially immune judges and a lot more
real citizens doing jury duty, knowing their job is to judge the law as
well as the accused....

--- Samantha Atkins <sjatkins at mac.com> wrote:
> It is not cockamammey.  The law was purposefully made obtuse and
> confounding even to experts who themselves can not really understand
> it due to sheer volume. That itself is a great evil. The Constitution
> does put some limits on the power to tax that most of the obfuscation
> is designed to evade.   It is surely a good thing to seek to clarify
> what the hell the mess really means.  Throwing people in jail who
> attempt to do so shows a callous disregard for the rule of law on the
> part of the state.  Trying to scare people into not questioning the
> State means the State can do whatever it wants with impunity from
> you.
> There is no way in hell you have enough knowledge in this area to say
> what the law is.
>
> - samantha
>
> On Apr 18, 2005, at 5:52 PM, Joseph Bloch wrote:
>

> > Adrian Tymes wrote:

> any
> >>>

> >> I did.  They agreed.  :)
> >>

> > You know what I mean.
> >
> > If you follow Mike's advice, that nobody owes taxes because of some
>
> > cockamammey tortured legal argument that nobody believes, you're
> going
> > to be wearing an orange jumpsuit. Managing deductions and
> exploiting
> > acknowledged loopholes in the tax code is not what we're talking
> > about.
> >
> > You follow the advice on the website Mike recommended, you're
> breaking
> > the law.
> >
> > Joseph
> >
> > Enhance your body "beyond well" and your mind "beyond normal":
> > http://www.humanenhancement.com
> > New Jersey Transhumanist Association:
> http://www.goldenfuture.net/njta
> > PostHumanity Rising: http://transhumanist.blogspot.com/ (updated