Small government was Re: [extropy-chat] EMP Attack?

Adrian Tymes wingcat at pacbell.net
Wed Apr 20 22:44:38 UTC 2005

--- Mike Lorrey <mlorrey at yahoo.com> wrote:
> This brings up a very interesting possibility: if the Senate ratifies
> treaty which clearly requires amendments to the constitution, but
> congress cannot muster the votes to amend, or not enough states
> ratify
> the amendments, then every Senator who voted to ratify the treaty
> must
> be found positively in violation of their oaths of office and
> impeached, forced to resign, recalled by their states, or otherwise
> tried for treason.

Technically, quite a number of Senators and Representatives who have
advocated and voted for laws that were blatantly in violation of the
Constitution - as determined by the US Supreme Court, to the point that
these legislators seriously attempted to strip the USSC of its ability
to judge whether certain laws were constitutional - have already
violated their oaths in this fashion.  Under that legal theory, they
could today be tried and impeached.

You would be doing the United States of America a great favor if you
could get that to actually happen.  I doubt it is possible.