Apology to Spike Re: [extropy-chat] Re: Small government

Brett Paatsch bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au
Thu Apr 21 05:46:37 UTC 2005

I said:

>  Its annoying when they actually mouth dumbed down party
> propaganda though. (And yes Spike, I do mean you).

I owe Spike an apology for this comment. He did not in fact say
what I thought he said.

I saw President Bush on television saying he would never cede US
sovereignty etc etc and thought "you idiot, that's an oversimplification"
some spin doctor has given you to cover that you are taking on
international obligations and then are choosing not to honour them.

I thought it was good spin, unfortunately, and that it would be
picked up and repeated.

Yet in this thread it was *me* and not Spike who said.
"In simple terms the US had ceded its sovereign power to
invade Iraq unilaterally without UN security council approval."

Spike didn't use the dumbed down party propaganda. I did
I used it in my overreaction to it.   I apologise to Spike.

Brett Paatsch