[extropy-chat] Re: Government & Marriage (Was: Spain has become the third country in Europetolegalise gay marriage

Mike Lorrey mlorrey at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 22 21:05:35 UTC 2005

--- Adrian Tymes <wingcat at pacbell.net> wrote:
> --- Mike Lorrey <mlorrey at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > So, since my answering machine can give me an answer, can I marry
> it?
>
> Inanimate objects can give answers, in reaction to stimuli (an
> incoming
> phone message, a timer going off, or whatever).  Doesn't change a
> thing.  :P

But I'm used to relationships lacking animacy, hell thats the primary
complaint most guys have when they divorce their wives. The great thing
about the answering machine is it only talks back when I want it to, it
takes orders quite well, doesn't mind a long distance relationship,
doesn't get angry about the other answering machine, and can even play
music. If I could teach it to cook and clean I'd be all set. I suppose
I could become muslim and marry four different appliances...

Mike Lorrey
                                      -William Pitt (1759-1806)
Blog: http://intlib.blogspot.com