[extropy-chat] Debate on Peak Oil

Brent Neal brentn at freeshell.org
Mon Apr 25 14:51:50 UTC 2005

 (4/25/05 10:36) Brian Lee <brian_a_lee at hotmail.com> wrote:

> It should take many, many years to get from peak to
>negligible production so I don't see an impending crisis.

The fault with this premise is that you assume that the crisis will be precipitated by exhaustion.  The propenents of the Peak Oil crisis state (convincingly) that the -reduction in production rate- will precipitate the crisis because of the vastly increased demand from the developing world.

Brent Neal
Geek of all Trades
http://brentn.freeshell.org

"Specialization is for insects" -- Robert A. Heinlein