[extropy-chat] TransColloquium Meeting: Dealing with New Pope's Campaign

Natasha Vita-More natasha at natasha.cc
Mon Apr 25 17:13:52 UTC 2005

Friends,

Extropy Institute is calling for a meeting at the TransColloquium for
Transhumanist organizations to discuss strategies for dealing with the
potential for conflicts that might arise from the Pope's declaration
concerning the moral relativism and the "cultural wars". This is a global
issue for transhumanity.

ExI will be sending out an invitation later for a meeting in May. If your
organization would like to suggest a meeting date and time, please let me
know by Wednesday. It would be helpful if those of you who receive this
message to forward it to other transhumanist organizations and groups.

Pope Benedict’s Campaign

NPR's Monday morning edition:
http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=4618049

"Religion
Pope Benedict Warns Against Moral Relativism
  by Barbara Bradley Hagerty

Morning Edition, April 25, 2005 • The new leader of the Roman Catholic
Church has denounced moral relativism, the idea that moral principles have
no objective standards. Pope Benedict XVI has characterized it as the major
evil facing the church. Some observers believe he is taking a stance in the
tense cultural wars in the United States."

I hope you all will work us. It will be a first time that we have a global
issue to work together on and plan a strategy. I think we can make headway
as a culture and a meaningful contribution to our future.

I look forward to hearing from you,

Natasha Vita-More
Cultural Strategist

Extropy Institute, President