[extropy-chat] Debate on Peak Oil

Brent Neal brentn at freeshell.org
Tue Apr 26 14:20:52 UTC 2005

 (4/25/05 20:42) Mike Lorrey <mlorrey at yahoo.com> wrote:

>The Nature Conservancy, for instance, is headquartered on Palmyra
>Island, in the pacific, which the Conservancy ownes in its entirety,
>and thus is not subject to any state regulations or taxes. It is the
>sole policing authority onthe island, and the US government provides it
>national defense as a territorial dependency.

Its interesting that its OK for corporations to move offshore for tax reasons, but not charitable organizations.  Its also interesting that an environmental organization that relies on property rights and private ownership to accomplish its goals is somehow suspect.  I personally find that much more appealing than the Sierra Club's nihilist lobbying tactics.

>I also find it curiously indicative of an individual in denial to deny
>the validity of the documents of these organize

I've seen no documents. All I've seen are your assertions that these documents exist.

Brent Neal
Geek of all Trades
http://brentn.freeshell.org

"Specialization is for insects" -- Robert A. Heinlein