[extropy-chat] Human - Posthuman gap (was: Spain has become the third country in Europe to legalise gay marriage)

Samantha Atkins sjatkins at mac.com
Wed Apr 27 21:21:37 UTC 2005

On Apr 27, 2005, at 2:59 PM, Eugen Leitl wrote:

> I think the idea of the posthuman label is to denote an end to people
> As We Know Them,
> and TEOTWAWKI in general.
>
> For some strange reason, this is still controversial to some
> transhumanists.

Is it a "strange reason" that most of us enjoy being a person as we
know them and are more than a bit put off by the notion that there may
be no place for the majority of people around us in your apparent
vision of a posthuman world?   Are we supposed to just go blindly full
tilt forward with little or no care what happens to the world as we
know it and its people?    If that is the view then I hope that it
remains exceedingly controversial.

- samantha