[extropy-chat] Debate on Peak Oil

Brian Lee brian_a_lee at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 27 23:21:21 UTC 2005

To a lesser extent ivory from elephant tusks is a great example against the
sudden-death impact of peak oil theory.

Ivory from elephants was the cheapest form available for teeth, piano keys,
jewelry, etc etc. Once it became scarce alternatives were developed and
there is still ivory from elephants available but it is much more expensive
than before. So ivory alternatives (synthetic, seal, etc etc) became more
cost effective.

BAL