[extropy-chat] [COSMO-ASTRO] Weighing the Universe

Eugen Leitl eugen at leitl.org
Fri Apr 29 09:01:00 UTC 2005

On Thu, Apr 28, 2005 at 05:54:18PM -0500, Damien Broderick wrote:

> You don't think it's a safe bet that however exotic the physics of any
> hypothetical substrate metaverse, information will not travel or be stored
> or transformed free of cost?

Matter, energy, entropy/information are all manifestations of this
spacetime. We have no idea how there (if there is a there) looks like.
QM nonlocality alone is something massively weird, and yet there is light
cone limit to signalling -- it makes no sense at all.

Is there a cost function, allowing us to extrapolate about which properties
are cheap to compute in the metaverse? Whatever it is, if taken at face
value (digitalphysics.org/everything-l@), bits and change rate are damn
cheap over there.