[extropy-chat] political sites

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Wed Aug 3 02:37:23 UTC 2005

> Subject: Re: [extropy-chat] Inheritance
>
> Mike Lorrey wrote:
>
> >>Why not just post your references?
> >
> >Because that would be initiating force against the request of Natasha...

etc.

Guys, there are good sites that focus on mostly political
and contentious issues.  For instance, rathergate.com has
an interest in media issues.  They allow ordinary proles
like us to post there if we wish, and there are few
restrictions.

http://www.rathergate.com/

It isn't so much that politics are irrelevant to extropians,
but rather that lately we have been hammering more
on ordinary boring here-and-now politics than on the good
stuff, such as science, technology, progress, futurism,
longevity, health and so on.  Political commentary is allowed
on the ExI main list, but do keep it interesting and relevant,
such as today's headlines regarding lawsuits hampering stem
cell developments, and such as that.

I urge all who have not done so recently to read
over Max's excellent Extropian principles:

http://www.maxmore.com/extprn3.htm

Mike is not trying to compete with ExI with his
Extro-freedom group, he is trying to help us, by
taking over there the special interest political
stuff.  Natasha asked him to take the libertarian
and political stuff there, and he is trying to do
that.  Please work with him, thanks all.