[extropy-chat] Re: Space Elevators

Bret Kulakovich bret at bonfireproductions.com
Wed Aug 3 20:58:52 UTC 2005

uhm, After a while, you are going away from the Earth at a comperable
speed to the mass you are repelling away from you?

Something doesn't click here... Without station keeping thrust, your
mass changes and you are going to gain/lose altitude as you spool out
the cable. And as it gets closer to the Earth (inserting previous
gripe:) it starts to build an electrical differential with you on orbit?

Just thinking out loud.

]3