[extropy-chat] can't war protesters do better?

Brett Paatsch bpaatsch at bigpond.net.au
Sun Aug 7 03:53:34 UTC 2005

Rik van Riel wrote:

> On Sat, 6 Aug 2005, Dan Clemmensen wrote:
>
>> But now the war has happened. The problem is how to extract
>> ourselves witht he least additional damage.  Simply pulling out
>> as fast as physically possible may be the least bad solution, but
>> it will not stop the insurgency. It will lead to an ugly 3-way civil war.
>
> I'm not convinced.  Most of the "insurgents" appear to be foreigners,
> who came to Iraq specifically to fight the Americans and the British.
>
> If the Americans and the British go elsewhere, I suspect these
> islamic fundamentalists will simply follow them and continue to blow
> them up in their new location.

Haven't promises now also been made to those Iraqi's that are not
fighting as insurgents and who did vote for another less US disapproved
government?

And if so are those promises to now be put aside, and to be seen as
being put aside by the world that is watching via the media?

Colin Powell said to George Bush in relation to Iraq, the Pottery Barn
rule applies here, if you break it you will own it.

Brett Paatsch