[extropy-chat] Transparency vs. terrorism

Russell Wallace russell.wallace at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 04:22:25 UTC 2005

On 8/7/05, spike <spike66 at comcast.net> wrote:
> It is an interesting question.  Today perhaps 10% of the
> proles have camera phones.  But we know 10 yrs from
> now it will be 90% and we have no legal infrastructure
> in place for limiting any of that.  I cannot even
> imagine what such laws would look like.

The problem is an excess of laws, not a lack thereof. I think what you
say about people having the right to record anything visible in public
space is correct; the problem is that the more efficient law
enforcement becomes, the more harm is done by the surfeit of unjust
laws with which the world is plagued. The danger is that we may reach
a point where there is no refuge from the law.

- Russell