[extropy-chat] Future friendly movies

Giu1i0 Pri5c0 pgptag at gmail.com
Sun Aug 7 06:09:07 UTC 2005

Yes, AI has at least a friendly view of AIs. But I do not consider it
as a "great" movie.
A great transhumanist movie would be based on a great plot in a
believable and well researched future scenario, with a good script and
good actors, a human story, and of course a positive view of future
radical technologies.
Cryptonomicon is a very good book, but I don't see much transhumanist
content in it. As Stephenson has said on occasions, it is really a
historic novel.
Haven't read Fallen Angels.
My current favorites for transhumanist movies are The First Immortal
and Down and Out in Magic Kingdom.
But any good story with a human angle and set in a rear-singularity
world with uploading technology would do. A series would perhaps be
even better than a movie in terms of impact.
G.