[extropy-chat] UFO on satellite photo.

spike spike66 at comcast.net
Sun Aug 7 15:51:57 UTC 2005

For an example of a marl pit, go to Google Earth, find
28d 35' 41.44" N, 80d 51'11.79" W.  That is the house
I grew up in.  Now wander about a km to the west and
north to 28d 35' 55.37" N, 80d 50' 48.45" W.  That
squarish looking lake is a marl pit, where marl was
removed in the 1960s to build interstate 95, which
runs north and south, separating my house from the
swimming hole.  One could (illegally of course) run
across the freeway to get the marl pit.

Today the lake looks black, but in the 60s and 70s
the bottom was nearly white.  The water was clear
enough that one could see for some distance with
a diving mask.

You can find it by google earthing on 32796.

If you do not yet have google earth, then you are
a primitive savage.  Drop the bumpy club and go
forthwith to

http://earth.google.com/

download the software and check out the coolest
free application to come along in some time.